Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drinks @ the Agency

After a long day in the theater, we were invited to cocktail hour at Leo Burnett Melbourne. Spent two very enjoyable hours getting to know the office's lovely folks, who proved to be friendly and gracious hosts, and provided us with delightful drinks and hor dourves. In addition to the beer bottles, they were mixing a superb concoction called the "Melbourne Mule," which I was told was a knock off of the Moscow Mule. Vodka, Bundaberg ginger beer, fresh lime leaves, and a cinnamon stick for good measure made for quite the tasty libation... I had a few, I'll admit it, and then promptly at 8 I joined the rest of the gang for a bus ride back to the hotel bar. Had some very illuminating conversations with the folks from LB/Melbourne over the next two hours at Sotano, and closed out the night with a charcuterie sampler. Looking forward to tomorrow and starting afresh. I love this country, and granted, although I haven't spent much time out here, in my two visits to Australia I have yet to encounter anyone who hasn't been incredibly gracious and delightfully entertaining. Not every nation is quite so accommodating towards tourists... Thank you again, folks. Looking forward to sharing some more good times over the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment